Welcome to our sanctuary in the city
Located on Lake Fontaine in the heart of the Blue Grass region, the Lakeshore Village townhome community is unique among urban residential settings. Here you can commune with the natural habitat of Blue Heron, Osprey, even Eagles while boating, hiking or simply relaxing - all within ten minutes of the center of downtown Lexington.
THE OFFICE WILL BE CLOSED ON FRIDAY, JULY 3 IN OBSERVANCE OF THE HOLIDAY
Ann and Rick will not be working on the property tomorrow.
On behalf of all members of the HOA, the board has been working on evaluating the pool re-opening requirements as set forth by the state and local authorities for the past several weeks. You can view the Kentucky Healthy at Work requirements for commercial pools here: https://govstatus.egov.com/ky-healthy-at-work Scroll down to June 29 to find pool info.
The following steps have been taken to date:
- The pool has been professionally cleaned, opened and is being regulated each day by LSV staff to ensure readiness if/when re-opening occurs
- We have communicated with the local health department to clearly understand what the opening inspection will require and timing for inspection
- Additional ZOOM meetings have been held with board members to discuss pool issues in detail
- A volunteer committee of homeowners has met and submitted a set of recommendations to the board. The board appreciates this additional help and is reviewing all recommendations as they relate to the state guidelines.
- The board has contacted several HOAs in Lexington with similar size communities to gather information on and discuss what these communities are doing and what decisions are being or have been made.
- A board member is attending national association teleconferences covering HOA legal and liability issues regarding pools during a pandemic
- LSV insurance coverage is being evaluated
For more information on the COVID-19 pandemic guidelines from the CDC, click here: https://www.cdc.gov/
The Clubhouse remains closed at this time. Thank you for your patience. More information will be shared soon.
The following is an update on what is happening at the lake:
- A sizable load of river pebbles was anonymously donated and delivered for the boat launch area. All reports so far indicate this has been a significant improvement in that area. Thank you to the donor and to those homeowners who helped spread the rock.
- A new custom kayak dock for the same area has been ordered. It will also provide easier access to the water. We hope to have it installed later this month.
- LELA conducts water testing on a regular basis and to date, no use restrictions are in place. The LSV HOA will also conduct additional testing this summer.
- New signage has been installed to deter trespassing on the lakefront and dock.
BE CAREFUL IN THE CARPORTS AND ON THE GRASS
WIth everyone getting out on bikes and taking wagons and rafts to the lake these days - which is great - please be mindful of your neighbor's car to avoid scratches, smudges and such. Please keep bikes on paved areas as much as possible and avoid riding through the grass. Thank you!
BIG VEHICLES IN SMALL SPACES
If you have a large SUV or truck, please try, if at all possible, to park in spaces that aren't directly across from a carport space. It makes backing out of the carports much more difficult and increases the chances of dings and dents. Thank you for your attention to this.
REQUESTS FOR RICK'S HELP
Rick is out on the property throughout the day and gets quite a few requests from homeowners for a myriad of things. He is always happy to help if he can! Some things he can do on the spot, but others may have to be done later. To make sure Rick and I keep up with the requests and manage the on-going list of things in the best way we can, we ask that you please send your request to the office via email or phone call. Also, Rick is not always aware of things the board is working on, so contacting the office will give you up-to-date, factual information. This will help us manage your requests as efficiently and quickly as possible. Thank you very much.
The garden keeps giving and so do you! Thank you to Jean Welch for her donation to the garden! The garden is a lovely spot. If you haven't walked over there, please do. It's pretty, very interesting and you'll see how much work has gone into it - and enjoy the harvest!
Have a safe and happy 4th of July celebration!
Lakeshore Village Homeowner Association
PLEASE TELL YOUR NEIGHBORS ABOUT NEWS TO USE
We hope homeowners and residents are finding the News To Use helpful. It is intended to keep everyone informed of what's going on around the Village in as timely a way possible. However, regular questions and comments continue to come in to the office that indicate many people are not reading the e-mails. If you find the information helpful, please mention it to your neighbor. Maybe they get bombarded with emails (don't we all?). Maybe they don't realize it's important information for the community. Help us spread the word about News To Use. And remember, it's posted on the LSV website too. Thanks!